Question
Posted by: mel | 2008-11-19

thrush after sex

my b/f and i had thrush i went to the gyne and got oral medication for both of us to take it worked well and cleared up. but now we have noticed everytime we have sex we both get thrush, very itchy and sore. when we avoid sex we are both fine. why does this happen and can we be allergic to each' s others body fluids? thak u

Thrush can return after treatment and can be a very difficult thing to get rid of. It is unusual that both you and your boyfriend experience. These symptoms, as it is normally more difficult for a guy to get thrush than for a woman. There are a variety of treatments available for this, which include changing your diet and removing all yeasts from your diet. Most interventions work to a limited degree. I suggest you return to your gynaecologist, and get prophylactic treatment, that you can use to keep the thrush away.