Question
Posted by: mike | 2011/07/06

Thrush

Hi My wife suffers terribly from thrush on an on-going basis, she treats it, it goes away and then comes back a month or two later, but this has been going on for the last two years. She has now asked me to get checked out as she thinks I am cassing it , could this be true ?

If one partner has thrush, then it is likely that both partners will have it as they will give it to each other. So you should be checked and treated.

5

Posted by: Nix | 2011/07/08

it is possible. not necessary that you''re sleeping around though. She could have passed it on to you and you in turn keep reinfecting each other. if she is treating herself for thrush you should treat yourself too.

Reply to Nix
Posted by: SR | 2011/07/07

Men do get symtoms, and you are more then likely infecting each other. I have the same problem - turns out the pill was a big factor - but main reason we keep getting it is because our immune system is down.I went to the dr who gave my some pills to take, and my husband had to take one too, then I went off the pill and took vitamins and the problem cleared up - till i fell pregant - my Dr suggested using some other sort of contraception

Reply to SR
Posted by: Rita | 2011/07/06

That is how I found out that my ex was sleeping around. Got thrush from him.

Reply to Rita
Posted by: Mimie | 2011/07/06

Yes, You could carry the virus and transfer it to her with intercourse, Men don''t even realise when they have it as they do not have any symptoms, unlike women.

It is nothing to feel ashamed or bad for,

Reply to Mimie