Question
Posted by: Lilly | 2010/02/08

Thrush

Hi Doc. Please advise on what' s best to use for thrush. Is there anything that cannot totally ' cure'  you of it?

When I am stressed or on antibiotics I always get thrush. It isn' t vaginally though. It is more around the vulva and clitoral area. I am on a course of Augmentin SR and the thrush is starting. I recently had some tablets that the GP prescribed for thrush (went through a stressful period, child was ill and mum on chemo).

Please I don' t know what to do anymore. You go to the GP who charges you R300 just for a prescription and I am so tired of this.

Thank you.

Have a look at the Top 5 questions on prevention of recurrent thrush.

2
Posted by: perm | 2010/02/16

i feel the same

i have thrush every month, its so frustrating that i cant even have as much sex with my boyfriend, because of the very thick discharge that disgusts both of us.

i hate this thrush and i feel like i' m gonna lose him bcos of it. everything is perfect but the lack of sex is starting to get to him.

Reply to perm