Posted by: Anon | 2009-09-01

My girlfriend and I had thrush some months ago and we received medication for it which cleared it up, but it keeps recurring. Most times it seems to clear itself up after a few days, but it has comeback again and is more persistent this time. We are both meticulous about hygiene, but thrush is not really related to hygiene anyway. We engage in quite a lot of oral sex (both ways) and are wondering if this could be contributing to the thrush in any way?

Thrush is quite a common yeast infection but should not be left untreated. The fact that is not clearing completely is most probably an indication that you need to revisit you doctor to have it checked out. Often partners could infect or re-infect one another. Both of you should go back to your doctor.
Here is a link that contains information that could shed more light on your questions. -

You are also welcome to contact our helpline – 0860100262 where you could be assisted to get in touch with a therapist as close a possible to you.

Furthermore you are welcome to visit the following website for any more sexual health information and assignments that could be helpful: