Dear Doc
I really hope you can help me as I have been " suffering in silence"  for more than a year now. I am 33 years old and happily married with two young children.
My problem is that everytime my husband and I have sex, I develop thrush (or at least that is what I think it is). Within a day or two after sex, I develop soreness, extreme redness and itchiness and also discomfort when urninating. There is some discharge, but not very much. I have tried medaspor and fluzol, but it keeps on coming back. It is ruining our sexlife, because it makes intercourse very painful and I am afraid of developing symptoms afterwards.
I have also found that I often develop UTI after sex too.
My husband and I are both very clean people that maintains good hygiene all round. My husband washes his hands before he touches me.
What could be the cause?

If you look at the Top 5 questions, there is a lot of information on how to prevent recurrent thrush. A lot of it involves lifestyle changes rather than medication.
For the bladder infections, be sure to empty your bladder immediately before and after sex.

Hi Just to add to the above post is after sex make sure you wash yourself also. I find that if i dont i usually develope thrush.

Posted by: Nikki | 2009-06-01

My advice to you is to try using ProbiFlora 9 strain Probiotics - you can drink as many as you like a day (you can' t overdose) it really works! (fixing you from the inside if it' s candida)
Then for down there - try GynaGuard Ultimate Wash (wash daily instead of soap) it will take the itch away.
Most importantly use the GynaGuard Vaginal Capsules (it' s also probiotics - get the flora balance right down there)

Now here' s a few tips:
Only wear cotton underwear
Tampons also irritates the intimate area so try and avoid it
Get lots of rest so that your immune system can get stronger
Aslo drink a multivitamin
Try to get lots of exersize
Cut out sugar and bread (actually anything white like pasta) for at least 6 weeks ) ( only if your discharge is white/yellowish/candida)

good luck

Reply to Nikki