Question

Thrush - 12 year old girl

My partner' s daughter is 12 years old and has been suffering from thrush for several months now. She has only tried various kinds of salves but it doesnt seem to help. I' m not sure what the cause is in such a young girl. She' s not sexually active, is still under developed in her body / hormones. She is prone to get exima (Spelling, sorry) on her hands etc. Not sure if this is related. Is there anything such a young girl can use or does she have to see a gynea?

If the creams are not helping, she should see a gynae. It may not be thrush but atophic vaginitis due to lack of oestrogen.

3

I' m not too sure what her regular diet is to be honest, as she stays with her mom most of the time, but when she' s with us it' s rather healty, ie steamed chick/fish etc and veggies, not much bread - although sometimes I think she has a lot of pizza and chocolates as most kids do... but thanks, I will have her dad look into that.

Any other suggestions?

Posted by: Ann | 2009/11/26

What is her diet like? High bread and sugar diets can cause thrush.

Reply to Ann