Question
Posted by: Michelle | 2011-01-11

Throat pains

I am 23 and still have my tonsils, they use to swell about once a year. I find the in the previous year my tonsils swell much more times and feels tight when i swallow. It swells for an hour then goes down, another hour will pass then it swells again...It will get better for about 3 days then swell again. I went to the doctor for a runny tummy and he asked me if I had a throat infection recently or something, I mentioned no because at that time my tonsils wasnt bothering me, he said it looked very red.

it sometimes gives me ear ache.

Why does this happen??

Dear Michelle
You may have a lowgrade chronic tonsillitis. You can try to take Tonsillyte or Tonsilla (homeopathic treatment) preventatively - you can buy over the counter at most pharmacies - or a course of antibiotics for 7-10 days. If it happens more than 3 times a year you may need to see an ENT surgeon to see if it needs removal.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011-01-11

Dear Michelle