Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/04/30

Throat feels oily

All of a sudden my throat feels oily. No matter what I eat, I can' t get ridof this feeling. It feels like I' m drinking oil. I don' t know what to do. Besides that, I have no other symptoms and I don' t feel sick. It has been like this for two days already though.

Dear Anonymous
An abnormal taste or feeling at the back of the throat can be caused by a post nasal drip or acid reflux from the stomach. If you look in the mirror at the back of the throat and it is red/swollen or you can see phlegm you may have to see your GP to get treatment for this. You could also try gargling with salty water.