Question
Posted by: Ingrid | 2009-03-26

THROAT CANCER What are the risk factors?

What are the symptoms of THROAT CANCER?

Are CHRONIC THROAT INFECTIONS (and previous SCARLET FEVER) among the possible RISK FACTORS?

I have had some very severe throat infections in my life, including some where the back of my throat was covered in little blister-like sores that would break open and bleed every few days. This carried on for about 4 months continuously. It happened about 15 years ago. I was so sleepy and weak during that time, that I felt like a walking corpse.

I have had a throat infection where my tonsils appeared to be covered in thick WHITE COTTONWOOL.

Very often my eyes would hurt and become incredibly light-sensitive, when my throat was infected.

Recently I had a very sore throat and could hardly swallow. My TRUNK (chest and collar bones) were covered in large red blotches of what looked like severe SUNBURN. It was as though I had spilt boiling kettle water on my skin. I had to wonder whether the scarlet fever I had 37 years ago at the age of 6 or 7 was not re-appearing. I don' t think it has ever left my body. I have Multiple Sclerosis and keep having relapses. I sometimes wonder whether my MS wasn' t caused by the Scarlet Fever I had as a child.

The tissue at the back of my throat is not even. Some parts of it are much thicker and redder than other parts. The thicker, redder areas also appear to be very shiny. Are these not symptoms of a PRECANCEROUS THROAT disease?

At the moment, my voice is hoarse and I am coughing a lot as a result of a THROAT INFECTION. Could I have myself tested for throat cancer, or am I being neurotic?

If it is indeed cancer, is there anything that can be done about it?

Dear Ingrid

The most common cause for throat cancer is sigarette smoking, tobacco chewing, and drinking alcoholic drinks that are brewed in iron pots. Chronic inhalation of asbestos, coal dust and diesel fumes could also be dangerous. Have you seen an ear nose and throat specialist about these infections and for an examination of the throat? The tissue you see is probably either tonsil tissue or lymphoid tissue.

Try using Tonsilla or Tonsillyte preventative for the throat infections ( homeopathic, you can buy over the counter at any pharmacy) Scarlet fever is caused by a bacteria and is not a cause of throat cancer or MS