Question
Posted by: C.C | 2010/08/17

Throat

Good day,

I have been waking up every morning for the last 2 weeks with a sore throat and ear ache in my left side, the pain goes away completly within 3 - 4 hours after waking, but then i get this burning sensation in the lower part of my throat for some hours sometimes for the hole day

I am 25yr old female and do smoke

what can this be, can it be from smoking or is it something else?, i smoke between 10 - 15 sigs a day

Hallo CC
You may have acid reflux when you sleep. The smoking can be a factor, so try and cut down if you can. Do not eat big meals late at night and ask your doctor to give you tablets you can take in the evening to reduce stomach acid.
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/08/17

Hallo CC
dr Bets