Question
Posted by: Amelia | 2009-10-03

Throat

Dear Docter

I had the flu about 4 weeks ago. During that time I developed a rather irritating lump half way down my throat. Every time I swallow I feel the bump and it'  s a bit painful. My docter said I had a bacterial infection and gave me anti-biotics for my flu. He said the lump is just an infection and would go away. I don'  t have the flu anymore, but the lump is still there every time I swallow. Is it serious?

Expert ImagezENT Expert

Dear Amelia

If your symptoms have not improved after the course of antibiotics, you need an examination of your throat by an ENT surgeon. This will exclude any sinister problems. Symptoms in the throat should clear after 3 weeks, and if not, an examination by an ENT is indicated.

1
Posted by: ENT Expert | 2009-10-14

Dear Amelia

Reply to ENT Expert