Question
Posted by: Mmakgosi | 2010-03-01

Three year old daughter

My three year old started day care in january and has been looking forward to it for since last year. Last wednesday she got upset because i did not allow her to take juice to creche as it was cold and gave her youghurt .she was crying over that when i dropped her of at the day care centre.On thursday she decided that she is no longer going to school as the teacher spanked her on her arm and told her to stop cryiying. she no longer wants to go ,I contacted the school and was told by the pricipal that the spanking never happened. Please advise if this behaviour is normal because she normally lies about me to her dad and vice versa. I do not know what to do cause she was happy there and always looking forward to going to day care.

Expert ImageTeen expert

Hi there,

I would suggest that your daughter sees a Child Psychologist for an assessment, contact your family doctor who should be able to refer you.

As this is the teen site you could also ask our Paediatrician here at Health24.

1
Posted by: Teen expert | 2010-03-03

Hi there,

Reply to Teen expert