Question
Posted by: Emerentia | 2011-08-08

Threat or not?

My marriage has been floored for a while. I dont know if we were ever really happy for the past 10 years or more but now I think that my husband is inlove with another woman. We know her frm before and were a bit friendly in groups. Now suddenly he is inviting her and her family over is impressed with her. I also think because his sister let on that he knew her before but she was too independent and hard-headed for him but his family like her. If my husband dated her before it means he cheated when we were going out and that she must of known of me but he married me.She is a success and others think a lot of her. Everyone wants to be her friend even if they jeallous. We fight and dont talk for weeks but always used to make up when I say the word divorce. Now he tells me to go and do it he wont stop me. I dont know if they having a affair and if I ask him he will just deny anyway. I wonder if she is a threat even if my husband is not as clever as her I think she can always get any man. She is married with children also.

If the situation was as you now think, you may wonder why he chose to marry you, if the other woman was so available. If your husband is less clever than her, that's not something she's likely to find appealing. And what does her husband think of this ?
Shouldn't you insist that your husband join you in sessions of marriage counselling, to sort out what is and isnt happening, and what would be the best solution ?

1