Question
Posted by: Jinty | 2009-03-09

Thread face lifts

I' m almost 62 years of age, have a good skin tone, but feel that a face lift would be just the tonic I need, as I do have a few lines that my good skin preparations do not seem to help with. I have have heard about Thread Face lifts, and am interested in hearing more about them, as I believe they are not so invasive or as costly as a normal face lift. I am prone to keloid scars, so am very afraid of having a procedure done, only to leave scars. Also I would like to know what the recovery time is and how long after the procedure has been completed is the affect of the facelift going to last.
Thanks a Million, Jinty

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Jinty, thank you for the question.

My advice would be not to do any surgical procedures due to the history of keloid scars. My advice would be to consult a plastic surgeon who is experienced with the use of threads to determine if you are an ideal candidate for this type of face lift procedure. Generally speaking thread lifts are best in younger patients (35 to 55 years), where minimal lift is required and the general skin tone is fairly good. Possible complications to name a few include bruising, swelling, infection, travel of threads, or that not all of them take. Expected results should last 2 to 5 years at most.