Question
Posted by: Shanny | 2008/06/18

thought i was preg but not

my period was 17days late, i had pcos before it has been cleared according to gynae. i have been trying for 2.5 yrs, today im feeling very depressed because i had hope, and now it is lost. what can i do, i want a baby do badly.

Dear Shanny
Having a history of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and getting your period late would indicate that at this cycle you might not have ovulated. This is a common problem with PCOS. PCOS is generally never cleared, if one has had problems with PCOS, they will always have it. I can understand that this is depressing for you, however, providing that there are no other problems with your genital tract and that there are no other sperm problems, then there is medication available to help you ovulate in the presence of PCOS that works very effectively. The next step would be to please go back to your gynaecologist so that he can put you on these medications to help you ovulate.