Posted by: WHY??? | 2009-09-30

Thius is taking SOO LONG!!!!!!!!!

HELP!!!!! Ive been with my current lawyer since April of this year. We dont have kids, were married for 6 years and we havnt been together since April. We married in community of property - but our only asset is a house that we bought 3 years ago. We dont have money saved up. NOTHING has been done. There has just been correspondence to and fro ... he has declined 2 of my proposed settlements. His settlement offers me NOTHING. What do I do? He hasnt been served with any paperwork - he knows I dont have alot of money ... My lawyer keeps on saying that we must try to settle first - THIS IS CRAZY!!!! Ive already wasted R6000.00 in NOTHING!!!!
Please - any advice!

Expert ImageDivorce support expert

I believe that lawyers who do not deliver a proper service can be reported. It is not right to pay money, let alone a lot of money, and not be provided with an good service.

You can contact me for a referral, but if anything I would confront your lawyer with the poor quality of his service.

Posted by: Pixipi | 2009-11-17

I have been trying to get divorced since May 08. I' m on my 3rd attorney &  have spent R63k. Today was the court date but b' cos he refused to sign a settlement agreement (even just appointing a liquidator) the attorneys postponed. Now we will have to wait up to 18 months 4 a new date. In the meantime he is running up costs by going overseas with his girlfriend &  spending on his credit cards as much as he wants (it all gets deducted from our acruel). I am sleeping on friends'  couches as he has locked me out of my house (&  moved his kids &  girlfriend in). I don' t have a job as I gave up mine (15 yrs) to join him in our restaurant in Thailand in Feb 08 (which he spent all the profits on his girlfriend &  never told me before I left my job &  home in SA). According to the attorneys there is nothing I can do until he settles. I think my money would have been better spent on getting an AK &  ridding this world of all these a...holes!!!! OR SUICIDE!!!

Reply to Pixipi