Posted by: Pelican | 2008-12-03

This is way to confusing.....

I have been at my place of work for a year now and over this year I havent once made sales target. I am not sure why this is because I am a good sales person but now my boss has hinted that they might have to let me go because business is business and i do understand that but I am so heartsore because I was at this company from the beginning and I dont want to leave but I have to be in a job where I dont feel useless and where I can make the money that I need to, to survive......what do i do???? This is a small company so there are no other departments for me to move to either :(

IS there some one in HR you could discuss this with ? Maybe your sales targets are unrealistc, or maybe you need fuerther training so as to get better able to improve your work. As I understand it ( I'm sure other readers know much more about labour law ) the company is required to try to identify the origins of your problems, and to provide training and try to remedy this.

Posted by: shooter | 2008-12-03

sad news to get that theyre gonna bullet you...
have they offered further training or coaching...what field are you selling in? have you got a sales/marketing qualification? if so you might be able to placew yourself into a better opportunity.

personally been down the same road as you are on. changed the full focus of the product i was selling and got into a better work place too.

Wish you luck man

Reply to shooter