Posted by: FedUp | 2009-05-25

This Dam Stomach

Hi Doc,
I have been having all sorts of trouble with my stomach for years now and it started out with ulcers. A while down the line i started having IBS type reactions to certain foods so i cut out everything that was causing the trouble and that cleared it up quite nicely. The thing is now i am experiencing something else but it is only brought about by 2 situations. I experience extreme stomach pains and bloating which is killing my social life and usual activities. This pain and bloating only occurs though when I am under stress or when I havent eaten something for a while. I usually eat 6 meals a day including small snacks. I dont want to have to deal with this anymore.....what is is exactly. Should i permanently be on pro-biotics? At the moment I am taking medication by the name of Bevispas but I want to know if it is still IBS/Spastic Colon or something else. Once the pain starts it takes a few hours to subside. Please Help.

Dear Fedup
It is difficult to say without examining but it could be due to IBS, or you may still have a ulcer or gastritis with a small hiatus hernia. I think you should see a gastroenterologist for a proper examination to exclude treatable causes for your symptoms.