Question
Posted by: Loyiso | 2010/03/04

Thirsty at night

I suffer from depression and am taking anti-depressants at night. Every night i wake up thirsty and feeling like chewing something. As a result of this i wake every hour or two to drink cold water from the fridge and have a bite on anything in the fridge. This has been with me for the past two years. My sugar levels (fasting) are fine. I only suffer from depression and BP for which i take medication. This drinking of cold water and chewing some foods at night makes me wake up with my stomach a bit upset. Is this normal? What could be the problem?

Hallo Loyiso
The antidepressant may cause a dry mouth. What are you using?
dr Bets

3
Posted by: Loyiso | 2010/03/05

I am using Remeron 30mg at nite. I know for the fact that they raise the appetite which might be the reason to crave for food at night.

Reply to Loyiso
Posted by: Sunflower | 2010/03/04

Anti depressants does leave your mouth dry, I used to experience it as well when I was using it, try and keep a bottle of water next to your bed instead of getting up as this breaks your sleep and will stop you from eating in the middle of the night, good luck.

Reply to Sunflower
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/03/04

Hallo Loyiso
dr Bets

Reply to cyberdoc