Question
Posted by: JIMMY DE KOCK | 2011-01-24

THIROID GLAND TRANSPLANT.

Good day.

I have read an article about a Doctor in India who hase done Rabit Thiroid to Human transplant with great sucess. In all the case study''s all of the patiants have shown incerased levels of hormoan and weight loss. Why has there not been any further resurch done on this?

Dear Jimmy
I must admit that I have not yet read about transplants of rabbit thyroid to humans. It is possible that no additional research has been published because a) the process caused unacceptable side-effects, such as tissue rejection, b) other studies may be ongoing but not completed. We will have to wait for additional research results to be published to see if the good results you mention can be duplicated and are safe.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2011-01-25

Dear Jimmy