Question
Posted by: Abstinence | 2012/07/09

Thinning Vaginal Walls

Dear Doc

I am a soon to be 50 year old woman who has not had sex in many years (because I do not have a partner).

I have extreme vaginal dryness and thinning of vaginal walls(?). anyway, gynae examinations are extremely painful and I understand that the extreme dryness and thinning are responsible for that.

I have now decided, that I want to sex (even if it is only one more time) before I become 50. There are interested parties (but neither one of them know that I have decided that I am going to engage in this activity with one of them) and before I indicate that I am ready to move the boundaries of our existing relationship into that of a sexual one, I want to know what I can do before hand so as to ensure that I have a good experience instead of a painful one.

Please help me because it took a lot for me to get to this point of deciding to have sex despite that fact that I am not in a relationship. The men in question are both friends of mine, both of which have indicated that they were interested interested in me physically and I also find them attractive, but not necessarily as good relationship prospects.

So I am clear on what it is that I would want from them and I know that they will be able to handle the physical interaction without it necessarily having to take place within the boundaries of a relationship.

Please help.

The most likely cause of your vaginal dryness is an oestrogen deficiency, common during and after the menopause. A trip to a gynaecologist may be worthwhile to assess your oestrogen levels and to exclude a condition called atrophic vaginitis, caused by lack of oestrogen. Prior to the menopause the vagina is plump, bright red and moist. As oestrogen levels decline the lining of the vagina becomes thinner, less elastic and drier. Hormone replacement treatments for this are relatively straightforward, and can come in the form of tablets or local creams (or both). Your doctor would assess and advise on the advantages and disadvantages of these medications. Your gynaecologist can also check that you don’t have any other condition or are on any medication that could be contributing to this problem. (hypothyroidism or infections)
When you have initiated love-making you may want to commence slowly, starting with non-penetrative sex in order to get a sense of how much natural vaginal lubrication will be generated during arousal. This will also allow you to rediscover your body after the period of abstinence you have described. Having a good quality lubricant to hand could help alleviate problems of insufficient natural lubrication.

4
Posted by: lindi | 2012/07/09

Just do it and have fun,make sure you have a lubricant for the dryness.

Reply to lindi
Posted by: Digital_Sex®  | 2012/07/09

<  Abstinence> 
What a dilemma you find yourself in but I hope that your vaginal condition is not chronic and is just attributable to anxiety. But what a lucky lady you are to have two studs on your plate, I really think that you will do fine and that you’ ll be well prepared (in that department) when it comes down to it. That fact that you have had the two of them on your mind for so long has prepared you mentally and your physical attraction will kick in. Don’ t fret yourself, you have done this before and will do it again to perfection.
Quick question, at the age that you are at do you still promote cunninlingus/felatio practices? I think this would also assist in make it a slight bit easier and very exotic when it comes to love making.

…  Digital_Sex® 

Reply to Digital_Sex&#174&nbsp;
Posted by: Digital_Sex®  | 2012/07/09

Just do it...

And enjoy it...

Digital_Sex® 

Reply to Digital_Sex&#174&nbsp;
Posted by: sexologist | 2012/07/09

Reply to sexologist