Posted by: Mom2b2 | 2009-04-08

Thinning of cervix for labour

Hi there!

I' m currently 35 weeks pregnant with my second child. My first child had to be induced as my cervix were' nt thinning/ripening, even with the hormones and stuff things took a while to get started. I now read that if you had this kind of thing once (cervix not thinning/ripening) there is a good chance that you will experience the same thing with your other preganancies, is there any truth in this?

Thank you for your time, it is much appreciated!

In rare cases, there isa problem with the cervix and it cannot dilate. In most cases, however, this is not a recurrent problem.

Posted by: Mom2b2 | 2009-04-14

Thank you!

Reply to Mom2b2