thinking young?

Hi. I' m 30 yrs old, my boyfriend is 25. I' ve always been told that I look a lot younger than my actual age, but I' m starting to worry about looking old. I don' t think of myself in terms of my age, and I have a rather fresh (perhaps not the usual) mind-set towards life. I don' t worry about whether something is " childish"  etc, if I want to do something, however silly, if it will bring me enjoyment then I' ll do it. I' m just worried that my poor skin is starting to show the stresses of my job and my serious chronic illness. I can' t afford expensive creams, but I do use an expensive cleansing bar, a decent commercial cream, and tissue oil which I use on my face and body. Is this okay? Do I need to buy something more expensive? I don' t want to look old yet...

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Anonymous, thank you for the question.

My advice would be to look at topical products that contain ingredients that have been shown to benefit the skin with long term use. Firstly, and the most important topical is your SPF, a 50 or higher should be used that contains zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide (my preference is Heliocare Gel SPF 50). Secondly, one should consider using a topical product that contains glycolic acid, vitamin C, vitamin A, and vitamin E. affordable ranges to look at are Environ and NeoStrata.