Posted by: Bob' s Girlfriend | 2008-11-14

Thinking of Leaving Job

I have had enough of the abuse of our sales lady. Everytime she sends me emails attacking me PERSONALLY or VERBALLY I go to the boss she gets called in. She tells lies about things I supposedly " skinder"  about and eventually she takes over the whole meeting and we never get to the bottom of what happened. Then afterwards we get asked can you work together we both say yes and then it happens again. I never do anything email or verbal that can be held against me.

Yesterday again i send her an email saying a application needs to be signed otherwise I can do nothing with it. She says " I cant even say your name, it makes me want to vomit" 

I want to leave.

I want to put in a proper grievance my boss say' s no he' ll ask her to apologize.

This is the best place i' ve ever worked at. I get along with everybody else (she is always in the office for calling people " jou ou fokin -|- "  and all sorts - me never!) I get a very good pay and I have a " cushy"  job.

I just cannot handle this anymore.

Sadly, it sounds as though your boss is handling this very badly --- ow can a woman like that be of any value to his company ? Isn't there an HR person or dept you can discuss this with ? Can't you work under someone else ? Its hard to believe she doesn't treat other people in a similar way. But probably it would be wise to put in a formal grievance, as the behaviour you describe is abusive. Simply getting her to give an insincere apology solves nothing. The question needs to be asked, if she is the subject of numerous complaints from different people --- why is he struggling so hard to protect her ? Does HE have a boss who might become concerned about this ?
Sometimes you can effectively frustrate someone like her by using the old Ronald REagan approach --- whenever she says something really nasty, you smile ruefully, and say " Ech, there you go again !" and ignore it

Posted by: penny | 2008-11-17

do not resign from your job , jobs are hard to find put in the grievance complaint someone at the office has to attend to this problem immed. be strong show her u are better than lowering yourself to her standards. Go well

Reply to penny
Posted by: itsthereforareason | 2008-11-14

Reply to itsthereforareason
Posted by: Me | 2008-11-14

Keep record of all the emails she has sent, so you have proof, and go to a HR manager or someone higher up than your boss. Make it official. I know it must be hard to deal with every day but if you enjoy your place of work, then I would stand my ground if I was you.CS got good idea about brushing her off, but unfortunately with some people it just angers them further and they end up retaliating in an even more aggressive way. I would sort it out in the official way.

Reply to Me
Posted by: ALSO ANON | 2008-11-14

DONT RESIGN, Put in an official grievience and it can`t be ignored. Your manager himself sounds like he is intimidated by her.
Stand your ground, You have a good job and it is killing her.

Reply to ALSO ANON
Posted by: Anon | 2008-11-14

Oh My Goodness. That B*tch can thank the Lord above that I don' t work there....
If I was going to resign anyways, I wouldn' t mind getting fired. I' d moer her so hard she wouldn' t be able to say any swear word with an " S"  in it again without it coming out like a " TH" .