Question

Thinking about killing myself

I am really thinking about ending it all. I find my life unbearable and there is no hope in sight. I hate my life and it depresses me. I cry all the time, I am on anti-depressants, I am on tranquilisers. I have an injury (currently) and immense work stress so everyone puts it down to this. Who do you go to and what do you do - I really feel like just swimming out to sea until I can' t swim anymore. I have written letters to people in my head.

Tranqullizers are rarely os any use in treating Depression, and often part of the problem, because, like alcohol, they can worsen depression and make us more impulsive. YOu sound as though you are describing a situation with a significant risk of suicide, and yet one in which effective treatment could help very greatly. I wonder whether perhaps you are being treated by a GP - if so, this siuation needs more expert advice and help. Arrange as soon as posible ( and well before the coming holidays ) to see a good local psychiarist for assessment and treatment, which may include a radical revision of the antidepressants you have been taking, and should also include Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ( CBT ) which would be espeially helpful.
See the psychiatrist ( and if your treatment so far has been under a psychiatrist, maybe see a new one for a fresh second opinion ) and be extremely frank with them about how desperate you have been feeling. This is an emergency and should be treated as such - and they should be able to help you feel much better before long.
And call Lifeline in the meantime, for support while making the arrangements to see a fresh shrink

8
Posted by: Martie | 2009/11/10

Do something about the job and if you dont have help at home get some urgently. And cut out caffiene completely for a few months. Dont let a stupid job kill you.

Reply to Martie
Posted by: Duke | 2009/11/10

I feel your pain. Try and find a support group, shrinks are educated but seldom have any comprehension of what you are going through. Talking to people who are in a similar position add different insight.

Reply to Duke
Posted by: Red | 2009/11/10

You won' t kill yourself. Why? Because if you really wanted to you would not be writing here on this forum. You came here to seek help which is a good start. Don' t do anything stupid.

Reply to Red
Posted by: Kelly | 2009/11/10

How old are you?
Also part of your life seems to be so unbearable?
If you could put your finger on one specific thing that you think is the worst part of your life' ?

Reply to Kelly
Posted by: BPII | 2009/11/10

Oh I' ve been there! I even had a file on my PC called my death with letters to everyone in it.

But really, really that you have written does mean that you don' t actually want to die. End it. Forever? It means that you realise that you are at the bottom.

Please call your psychiatrist now, this minute and tell them that you are a suicide danger and that you need help today! Go take a timeout in a clinic, get the right mix of drugs you need to rebuild your life. It' s sounds much harder than it is!

You are not on this earth to end it all yourself, you are here to learn lessons, to love, to laugh, to live. Pleas don' t kill yourself?

Choose life today.

Reply to BPII
Posted by: anon 11 | 2009/11/10

it is not worth it, u are important and you should realise that,
i have issues in my heard as well, i cant take it sometimes but be positive find your faith , and God loves you

Reply to anon 11
Posted by: hope | 2009/11/10

dont do it, there is hope....i know it may seem like theres only darkness in your life but there is light waiting for you, you need to talk to someone about what your going through.

Reply to hope