Posted by: henda | 2009-11-07

I just cant bear the thought of getting a divorce, but I also cant bear to live as I did for 29 years with my husband and his mother who completely took over my functions as a wife and mother. I do not know where to start or where to go. I just cant believe I was so naive, to just now discover that the two of them are inseperateble - why does he have to take her with him on vacations and not me and the children?

Expert ImageDivorce support expert

Dear Henda,

thinking about a divorce is never easy especially after such a long relationships. It's not so much the memories one hangs on to but to a familiar pattern, however unhappy they may be. ou have though reached a point where you know it is time to do something different and change your journey but there are quite a few things to consider before engaging on this new journey.
The questions you ask about your husband and his mother should need to be addressed for himself.
At this point there really are 2 points to consider. Can the relationship be saved, if so is husband aware of your distress and is willing to be addressed or you have made up your mind but need guidance in your change of direction.
Either way i would advise you to seek "divorce coaching" to clarify those questions.
You may contact me for further inquiries.