Question
Posted by: icetea | 2008/08/28

Think my cat may be having asthma attack

My cat experience episodes of severe coughing, he bends his head forward (almost having his mouth level with the ground), and coughs, after such an incident, it sounds as if his lungs is full of mucus. Such an episode can last up to 20 min. I am giving him cortisone. Is he having asthma attacks?
Please help, it breaks my heart to see him have to go through this.

Dear Icetea

You can use inhalers with both a drug that dilated his lungs as well as delivering cortisone to the lung where it is needed.

Have chest x-rays done and speak to a good vet with an interest in medicine.

1
Posted by: Chill | 2008/08/28

Where did you get the cortisone?

I hope it came from a vet, and if it did, then that' s the person you should be talking to.

Sounds to me like your cat needs help, and only you can provide it for him.

Reply to Chill