Question
Posted by: Devangel | 2012-10-29

Think I''m losing it

Hi, I''ve been in a constant depressive state for the past month, but things are getting really out of hand, I''ve starting seeing and hearing things, losing lapse of time, been spinning threw emotions from flipping out totally to just down right completely numb, I''ve started to cut again to try and release some of the emotional build up but find it difficult to stop, I now have this uncontrollable twitches that run threw my body excessive migraines, paranoid and anxiety attacks. I am unable to control my own thoughts seems my personalities all want to take over. Have alot of stress at the moment. What can I do that does not involve hospital, medication didn''t work last 8 years neither did psychotherapy. What can I do to cope for now?

As I'm sure you realize, this is not a good state of affairs, and your Depression has deteriorated to the point that proper assessment and treatment is more urgently needed and deserved.
Maybe its mainly that you're responding badly to current stresses.
See a NEw good psych for afull assessment and a discussion of treatment options. Hospital admission is rarely suggested unless there are good reasons relating to the starting of some treatments, or a clear need to help you to be better protected while things settle down.
Depending on the diagnosis, a number of meds can and should help. I don't know what sort of psychotherapy you had or for how long. But if it wasn't a cariation of CBT ( COgnitive-Behaviour Therapy ) I'd wonder whether it was of use. The old-fashioned Analytical style therapies take forever without any good scientific proof that they're really useful.
I'm worried about the treatments you desribe. For instance, I've never come across a situaion in which anyone actually needed up to 30 different pills a day - that doesn't sound like good care. Hypnotherapy is worse than useless with someone who cuts ( and in many other situations - as a single therapy rather than part of a combined plan, its often useless or worse ; and it does NOT reach any basic underlying issues that are relevant to your current state. It makes you so highly susceptible to suggestion, that you will recall and "find" whatever the hypnotist expects and wants to find.
If you have any form of dissociative disorder, then hypnosis is very strongly contraindicated and should not be used - the potential to make things much worse is far too high
get a fresh assessment from the best shrink you can reach, and discuss diagnosis and treatment options before choosing.

8
Posted by: oops | 2012-10-31

you need Jesus in your life , he can solve all your problem . Find a churh were they preach about Jesus and also demostrate his power. if u cant find it you can call me on 0820962091

Reply to oops
Posted by: Devangel | 2012-10-30

Thanx for the reply, I was in a state mental facility when I received the 30 pills and you''re right it didn''t help just made me an exceptional pretender. I guess I kinda already knew the answer before I even posted the question, guess I hoped for a magic trick or something. 90% of the time they hospitalize me mostly because I exhibit suicidal tendencies, self-mutilation and my psychotic episodes and I tend not to react well to medication, so I guess I''ll carry on as is, as I just switched over to a new contract and I can lose my work if I get admitted for a psyc illness. Maybe I''ll crack or just learn to cope again, don''t have much choice than to wait and see. But thank you for the valued and informative infromation.

Reply to Devangel
Posted by: Phil | 2012-10-30

I know very little about what you are going through. But all of us in some way or another have two personalities, and it only depends whcih one we are feeding. The good one or the bad one. It is clear you have extreme of both  but you seem to be lloisng to the bad one. Have you tried to mentally fight the bad, and feed only your angel side? Have you maybe tried asking GOD to take your hand and help you? I''m not the typical church going guy  and a private cristain - a nuaghty one at that. But GOD seems to always help me on track. Maybe give it a go?

Reply to Phil

Posted by: devangel | 2012-10-29

Michelle thanx but ive been through it all every new and old medication, there was a time i had to drink 30 different pills a day, and when telling the they didnt work jus got others that didnt work. When medicated for almost everyhing its quite nice to feel nothin but then after a while you realise whats the point of feeling nothin when ur suppose to feel somethin, thats when the cutting starts. I''ve wondered if i should go for hypnotherapy to deal with the underlying issues but my previous psychologist adviced against it due to my dissicociative disorder. I cant reach out to friend becoz I don''t have any and family is only my mum and she kinda knows whats happening or a little but also doesn''t know what to do. It just seems everything I use to do to cope doesn''t work anymore, i just need to find another way. Devangel doesn''t mean devils angel it means devil and angel an alternate of two of my personalities personality.

Reply to devangel
Posted by: * | 2012-10-29

Why do you call yourself the devil''s angel?

Reply to *
Posted by: Michelle | 2012-10-29

You definitely need to see a therapist/spychiatrist. They will analyse you and often a new spychiatrist or new medicine can help. Take steps and reach out for help, it sounds like you really need support right now.
Speak to caring friends and family too.

lots of love
Michelle

Reply to Michelle
Posted by: Michelle | 2012-10-29

Speak to caring friends and family too.

lots of love
Michelle

Reply to Michelle