Posted by: Summer | 2009-07-07

Think Drugs, but not sure...?

I am writing to you because I suspect my younger brother 22 is using drugs. He sleeps ALL day, will not get up in the morning, he battles to sleep at night, he refuses to work (he sits at home doing nothing or goes out with friends) he is not interested in any activities (besides surfing), he has been on Roacatan for his skin for past 6 months but it hasn' t cleared up yet (are drugs interferring??) He goes away with friends for weekends but when he comes away with family he falls ill with fevers and temperatures (is this a come down?). He is disinterested in making a living and it is mind-boggling as he is 22 now and should be working, he spaces out when we ask him whether he is getting a job and he has absolutely NO motivation to work. He failed half his subjects in his final year and is now completing his degree over 4 years. He is also very secretive often going out and not telling anyone where he is going or an indication of when he will be back. I feel like this behavious equals drug use. Please give me your advice... Much appreciated..

Dear Summer
He could be using drugs but he could also be in a major depression. Discuss with him and see if you can get him to a psychiatrist for an evaluation.