Posted by: Petra | 2009-01-20

Thin kitten

I adopted 2 kittens from the SPCA 10 days ago. They were both quite thin and boney. I' m feeding them whiskas dry and wet food. Both are eating ok-ish.The one is filling out nicely and is adapting very well to domestic life. The other is still very small and thin. They have been de-wormed. Should I be concerned? Will she start filling out as well? Litterbox use seems good for both of them.

Dear Petra

You can worm them every 2 weeks for a start and not to worry if you have only had them for 10 days. Give it a bit more time.

Posted by: Carol | 2009-01-20

Get them onto hills kitten , and interestingly enough CV advised me a while back to use protexin for cats on one of mine with a funny tummy.

I did some research on it and it seems advisable for ALL kittens to have a course .. its probiotics and inexpensive.

These little strays tend to pick up every bug under the sunshine and I have learnt that prevention is better than cure .

Reply to Carol