Thin but with a big belly

Dear Doctor,
I' m thin with a BMI of 19,5 (5' 3' ' , 110lbs) but I have too big a belly for my weight. It doesn' t look too bad when I stand, but if I bend it look enormous. My mother also has the tendency to get a big belly and bottom while the rest looks okay. What can I do? If I exercise, I' m afraid I run the risk of getting thinner all over and my legs and breasts are already thin enough. I also don' t want to cut on my diet because I don' t eat much and I' m careful to make the healthiest food choices. This weekend I started doing crunches for 15 minutes everyday, but I got pain in my bladder/ uterus today and even lost a lot of liquid from my vagina, so I' m afraid I' m doing it the wrong way. If I started exercising (running or so) and ate a little more, would that solve the problem? P.S. I walk a lot and my legs are very muscular and lean, so I really need something that will take care of my belly alone. And I was told I run the risk of not being able to have children in the future if I exercise without profissional help. Is it true?

Dear Anonymous
There may be another reason for the big belly - enlarged organs like an enlarged liver, spastic colon or ovarian cysts can cause an enlarged belly. First exclude any possible causes for this before you go on to an exercise program. I would also suggest that you see a personal trainer to concentrate on the muscles that will help you to keep a good posture and strengthen the back and abdominal muscles.