Posted by: steve | 2009-06-21

thin bull

My boerbul is 3 years old now, I have notice his " stomach is gone in"  like those greyhounds, Took him to a vet, did a set of bloods and gave some worm tabs, 0ne month down the line-looks the same.He has been on Hills from start and still is active and looks fine and alert, expt for the the " starved dog tummy" 
Any ideas?

Dear Steve

Posted by: Chill | 2009-06-22

Quite right - if the dog is otherwise healthy, he should in fact not have a belly. You should be able to feel his ribs, he should have a ' waist' . I would seriously expect your vet to have noticed if he was truly emaciated.

Reply to Chill

Being a large breed dog it is probably better that he has that look, sepecially since he has been checked out by the vet and is not showing any other signs of illness