Question
Posted by: Irene | 2010-11-02

Thighs

Good day doc,
Please help, I am a pear shape figure but am doing bumwalk and rolling side to side for outer thighs, what can I do for the inner thighs? Is there some foods which tend to make one pick up fat in those areas which I can cut out. I am not overweight but have this problem area. Your help will be appreciated.
God bless

Dear Irene
Having a pear-shaped figure is usually genetically determined and more common in women than in men because women tend to deposit fat in the hips, thighs and buttocks. It's a good idea to do the 'bumwalk' and the thigh rolls. For the inner thighs it helps to lie flat on your back with knees raised. Place a pillow or an medium-sized ball between the thighs and contract the muscles of the inner thighs to squeeze the pillow or ball tightly, then relax and repeat. Start with about 5 repetitions a day and then increase steadily until you are doing at least 20 repeats a day. There are no specific foods that cause the deposition of fat in specific areas of the body, but if your food intake exceeds your energy output then fat deposition will occur.
I hope this helps

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2010-11-02

Dear Irene
I hope this helps