Posted by: Gloria | 2008-12-04

My daughter (14) is a short gymnast (4ft 10" ) and has large thighs. What foods help to make them smaller? She eats healthy foods &  exercises a lot.

Dear Gloria
If your daughter is not otherwise overweight, then her large thighs may well be genetic. If other members of your family also have heavy thighs then it is very difficult to lose weight in only one area of the body. For her height she should not weigh more than about 45 kg. Check her weight and if it is more than 50 kg then she is overweight and would need to lose weight. However because she is a gymnast, I doubt if she weighs this much and can therefore only recommend that she does targeted exercises that will slim her thighs. Ask her trainer to develop a set of exercises that target the thighs (e.g. thigh rolls, etc) or ask Fitness Doc on this Website for such exercises.