Question
Posted by: mso | 2009/12/03

thigh toning

i have naturally big thighs and when i lose weight mt thighs dont seem to get as small as i want them.someone told me, steb aerobics if done with weights causes this.is this true?
i delivered 13 weeks ago and i' ve been doing aerobics for the last one month but no weights,
how do i approach getting slim thighs to be proportionate to my upper body,i love weights,infact before pregnacy i could squat with 70kgs?

Hi Mso

Not necessarily, to answer your first question. Obviously, if you do exercise that involves the muscle, the muscle will develop, but I don't think this is the same thing as what you're aiming for. So perhaps you need to avoid high resistance training with the quads/thighs, and maybe aerobics is not the best for you, but over time, it won't keep making your thighs bigger and bigger.

The weight training is much more likely to cause your thighs to develop, especially if you're squatting what is pretty close to body weight. That's quite heavy, and if you're really interested in toning, that may be too great, and maybe you need to reduce that and lift more reps. Say 40kg, but do more reps than before.

Other than this, it's a question of doing more cardio and giving it time - it's never easy to target one area, and that area is always the last to change, so it's going to be a longterm challenge!

2
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2009/12/06

Hi Mso

Reply to fitnessdoc
Posted by: dnt stress | 2009/12/04

hi .i also have big thighs naturally like u ,yes if u do squats with weights ur thighs will get bigger its not fat its muscle and remember muscle takes up less space than fat so u actually arent as big as u think u .are so just enjoy ur exercise routine and the rest will fall into place .

Reply to dnt stress