Posted by: jady | 2009-07-23

thigh and leg pain

I have been having leg hip and thigh pain mainly in the night some nights its so bad and only eases up when I lie flat on my back and put a small pillow under my knee. sometimes its painful to roll over could this be from that pre osteoporosis (cant remember the name) I had a scan three years ago and they said I had this or is it something else maybe. Does calcium go to the brain if you take it and you have no hormones.

Dear Jady
You may have irritated sciatica nerve - this is usually caused by a disc bulging out. Physiotherapy may help. Sleeping with slightly bent hips and knees will be more comfortable. Calcium is not dependent on female hormones to be absorbed and will go to the bones and other areas that needs it.