Question
Posted by: pam | 2011-01-27

thick glasses and eyes

i have been wearing spectacles since i was 9mnths old i am now 43 years old, i currently am wearing contact lensesduring the day and specs at night , but when i take of the specs or the contact lenses i cannot see very clear,i cannot read anything and my vison is very out of focus,thus i was declined by the traffic department for optaining my drivers licence, my current presciption for both eyes are +700 in contact lenses,i have spoken to my optition regarding laser treatment but he says it will not work for me.
pls assist very desperate
thanx

Hi Pam
The traffic department should approve your licence with a provision that you always drive with glasses or contactlenses, unless you fail your eye test with glasses or contactlenses. Best option would be to see a eye specialist, to see if there will be other options for you except laser (like a cornea transplant for instance)
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011-01-27

Hi Pam
dr Bets