Question
Posted by: anxious | 2010/08/23

They can''t see the baby

I went for my first scan today and according to the date of my last period, I should be 7 weeks. When the doctor did the scan, there was nothing there. He has said that it sometimes happens or that perhaps I got my dates wrong. I went for a blood test today and we will go again in 48 hours to check my HCG levels. I am absolutely terrified that I have had a blighted ovum or miscarried, yet I have experienced no pain or bleeding. Could my baby still be ok?

I can't really tell you any more than your doctor has. Unfortunately you will only know when you get the repeat HCG results.

3
Posted by: Fay | 2010/08/25

Hi. Dont stress too much, could prove even worse for your health. Had the same experience. Dates are post probably out as was mine. But after a week baby could be seen. Just keep the faith and pray, thats what helped me through. And if its not, then just believe that God has a plan for us all. It will happen when the time is right.

Reply to Fay

Posted by: Dee | 2010/08/24

It could be ectopic, if your hcg levels dont double and there is nothing in the uterus then its very possibly ectopic and you will need to see a doctor asap.

Reply to Dee