Question
Posted by: Anon | 2008-11-24

They at it again

My parents are too f**king irritating. My dad is step &  he is a diff race to my mum &  i but she just seems to stand by him all the way no matter how he treats me. When shez not around his always telling me dont use the things he buys 4 her b.coz im wasting it. He told my mum take me outa the will &  4 my birthday they were gona buy me a car but they didnt b.coz they were saying my bf will benefit. God knows how his gona benefit when he drives a BMW &  they were gona buy me a Toyota. I asked for help many times b4 with money for a car but my parents refused. Now that i bought a car with my own money its a big problem. They tell people that i did my own things i didnt ask them for help, my bf &  i made our own decisions. For gods sake im 22, some1 please bang my head in if trying to be independent t &  live my life is wrong. I dont around minding other peoples business

If he buys things for her, why would you be using them ? Why do you feel dependent on them --- if you want a car, work for it and buy it for yourself. Why do you give them so much controlling power over your life ?

4
Posted by: chr | 2008-11-25

Anon they are going to treat you the way you are treating them.

Reply to chr
Posted by: Anon | 2008-11-24

Easy for u to say since u not in my shoes right!! its easy for any1 to tell me things, well walk a day in my shoes then talk.

Posted by: Mandi | 2008-11-24

How about showing some respect towards your parents!

Your opening sentence makes me wonder if the other side of the story might not be completely different.

Reply to Mandi
Posted by: me | 2008-11-24

Foregt about them, they are controlling, you are an adult and if you think you can afford it then go ahead.
Don' t ask them for help and that way they can' t control you.
You doing well and have shown that you are responsible.

Reply to me