Posted by: sally | 2009-05-03

is there really anything to thermogenics? I am trying to lose weight (walking more, drinking more water, cutting down on snacks, eating more veggies and white meat, taking vitamins) and have been doing so for 2 months but if anything my bum is getting bigger!!! Will thermogenics help burn that stubborn fat?

Hi sally

Very minor effect - you might as well walk for a few minutes a day and get the same result, without the expense and possible side effects.

The problem is safety - many of the ingredients are banned in certain countries, because they were implicated in some cases where people died suddenly. So if that isn't enough of a reason not to use them, well, I don't know what is. Also, there's not that much evidence that they work that well, at least compared to regular exercise and a good diet.

So given that you've just started out on what is the healthy option - diet and exercise - my advice is rather wait, don't spend your money yet. Two months is nothing, it often takes that long just to build fitness up to a decent level, and then you start to see change.

So be patient, stick with the safe option, which we know works, and don't risk thermogenics.

Posted by: Mmmmmm | 2009-05-06

Those cases were inconclusive. The people were obese, high BP with cardio vascular disease going all out on an overdose of ephadrine. They could' ve died even without the Ephadrine.
It was banned because its used to manufacture TIK. And is still available as PseudoEphadrine in various meds.
Thermogenics have been proven to work. Just dont expect results if youre not doing any cardio. It enhances the effort you put in.
try find something with SynEphadrine if you have worries about the High BP and heartrate.

Reply to Mmmmmm