Question
Posted by: D | 2010/09/13

Therapist

I certainly hear you. I have a husband and 2 beautiful children and loyal friends. I am an attorney, publisher and study part time. A very full life. I guess that is the nature of transference. It always brings me back to something Winnicott said and certainly epitomises the nature of the power differential as also the importance of the trust factor: " When I look, I am seen therefore I exist" . Being in that state of self annihilation, as I so definitely was is indescribable. What I struggle with now, is trying to regain a sense of self and then to trust it.

Thank you for your time CS.

Lets hope your Selfness ( and competence ) is soon as obvious to you as it is to everyone else. You surely exist, maybe not always obviously from the precise spot at which you sometimes stand.

2
Posted by: Question | 2010/09/14

Might be a stupid question probably but cant you clear up what happened now so that you dont have to sit with this forever? Cant you ask the society or get your therapist that you have at the moment to try and clear up what happened between you? What happened to all the history and notes between you and your old therapist. Do you have to go through that all again with your new therapist?

Reply to Question