Question
Posted by: Simone | 2009/10/26

Theft

My boyfriend' s money was stolen about two months ago, unfortunately I became one of the suspects because I was one of the many people who visited him around that time. As the police were doing their investigations, i was also called in on the matter. I don' t know what happened because from at that time I never heard anything on the theft. Yesterday in the evening, the police called me to go the police station again as they were doing further investigations and this time around they were a bit ruff and they wanted me to commit to the theft.

For some reason I dont know, I feel like I dont want to be having a relationship wit my boyfriend. Whats racing on my mind is the fact that the next minute, am at his house having fun and us being jolly and the next minute am at the police station on something that has happened in his house. I am a bit frustrated and I feel like we need to take a break until this thing is over with, I have not responded to his text messages since yesterday and he does not understand. I feel like am sleeping with my enemy. Please assist.

It does indeed sound upsetting, if you are entirely innocent, to find yourself caught up in this, and understandable if you would prefer to take a break from the relationship with him. Haven't you discussed this with him ?

8
Posted by: Simone | 2009/10/27

Thanks guys!

Reply to Simone
Posted by: Simone | 2009/10/27

Red, I dont know just how many times I have asked him to bank his but all in vain. These days he claimed that he was unable to do so because he is renovating his house and needs money from time to time for the project. Almost all of his friends are suspects because we all visited him during the wknd and the maids. Its really a bad situation I must say.

Reply to Simone
Posted by: Red | 2009/10/27

He should never have left money lying around in the first place. Unless it was put away and only you knew where it was. It' s a littly fishy. As his gf I don' t see you taking his money in the first place. Someone must' ve seen it and took a chance. Do the others still talk to him or visit him that were at his house when his money got stolen. Someone must have a guilty conscience of them. If it was me I wouldn' t be able to look at that person in the face without showing sings of guilt.

Reply to Red
Posted by: Kelly | 2009/10/27

I believe that it is hey!
You must just be strong!Hang in there and it will be over soon.
It would be weird also but theres nothing he can do about it.
If you do love him then do not leave, or perhaps just take a break until this whole thing is over, maybe that would be the best thing to do right now...

When it is all over then you guys can put this all behind you.

Reply to Kelly

Posted by: Simone | 2009/10/26

It was, what I hate is the fact that am with him and having a good time and am also a police suspect at the same time. Its not good for both of us and he also hates it because it is tearing us apart. I feel like I can' t take this anymore. It is degrading!

Reply to Simone
Posted by: Kelly | 2009/10/26

Must have been a lot of money!
but shame man, thats so crappy.
Can' t he can tell them to exclude you from all this and does he know that you being questioned too?

Reply to Kelly
Posted by: Woman | 2009/10/26

This can make or break your relationship.

If this is going to break it, then tell your BF that you don' t want anything to do with him anymore, and move on.

If he' s the one, then tell him that you' re a bit freaked out by this whole mess, and that you need some time away from him to absorb and deal with the situation.

If you are innocent, then there is nothing there to damage your relationship. This is a police investigation, and what they believe and what your boyfriend and you know are 2 different things, you know.

Reply to Woman