Question
Posted by: Cindy | 2010/05/18

The X Diet

Hi there,

I recently bought the X Diet by Tabitha Humn, I see that it was published more then 10 years ago, where she tells you to cut out all fats etc and eat lots of polish foods. would this still apply, I am insulin resitance.

Dear Cindy
The basic principles of the X Diet still apply, but in the 10 years since the publication of this book, dietitians have come to realise that the total energy content of the diet is also important. So one cannot eat as much fat-free food with a low glycaemic index (GI) as one wants if you need to lose weight. Even low-fat or fat-free food with a low GI if eaten in excess can cause weight gain, so I would rather recommend that you also consult a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area). The dietitian will explain how to apply a low-GI diet for the treatment of insulin resistance. Click on 'Diet'nFood' and 'Weight loss' and 'The Glycaemic Index' and read the articles on the GI. It is also important to do regular aerobic exercise to help control your blood sugar and insulin levels.

1

Dear Cindy