Question
Posted by: G | 2011/08/30

the truth hurts...

When are those of us that are morbidly obese going to wake up and see and smell the reality of life as a morbidly obese person?? We ARE conscious of what we are and are not doing. We know what we eat. We know lazying around and doing nothing is our own fault. I don''t even know how much I weigh but I do know that and anyone else in my position CAN die right now or worse become a paralyzed burden to our carers. And anyone that weighs more than 150kg nows how embarrassing and humiliating daily hygiene becomes. To those that are overweight and are going to be offended as it hasnt happened to them YET, but if they carry on, it soon will become their problem. To those who are MORBIDLY obese, I say what the hell are we waiting for? Do we really want to die an early death? Do we really want to be bedridden and dependent on strangers or famiy to bathe, care for us? Do we want to be able to not have to struggle even when going to the bathroom? You know exactly what im talking about? Why the hell are we living in our own personal hell each day. Why is being able to walk a couple of metres a priviledge? Why are we killing and dehumanizing ourselves? There is nothing nice or acceptable about being MORBIDLY OBESE. It stinks (excuse the pun) and i''m sorry if certain people are going to be offended. The truth is demoralizing and no one deserves to be in such a man-made hell.

Expert ImageEating Disorders Expert

Hello G,
It's quite clear that you are extremely distressed by your position and That you have learned to really dislike yourself for the condition you face. I cannot just tell you to stop being critical of yourself, but ask rather that you consider small, but manageable steps towards living a moderated and healthy lifestyle. Try to not judge yourself by your weight, but take each day at a time trying to succeed in being consciously kind to yourself and edge slowly towards repair. Do not look for an end goal, but rather just look to succeed with living each day sensibly. Count the days that you live in a healthy moderated way rather than counting down the kilograms that you (need to) lose. I hope this little piece of advice helps.
Regards,
Graham

3
Posted by: G | 2011/09/01

Hi Michelle
I love carbs but binge on basically anything although I am not a " sweet"  person. Thank you for responding to my post as well as your advice - very kind &  " sweet"  of you.
All the best to you with your " fight." 
Regards,

Reply to G
Posted by: michelle | 2011/09/01

Dear G

What foods do you binge eat on? I binge eat on chocolates and sugar - I found this website radiantrecoveryDOTcom. I''m a real life sugar addict - I get the same high a drug addict gets from eating sugar - I joined their community forum and started with step 1 - so far so good. They offer a lot of online support.

I have alos tried every diet on the market but I just could not stick to not eating chocolates - untill I discovered that I am addicted - now I''m treating it as an addiction. Good luck! Never give up - search for answers and solutions till you find something!

Reply to michelle
Posted by: G | 2011/08/30

Being a parent, bringing a new life into this world must be the biggest gift bestowed to any person (male or female). Yes, there are those who are unfortunate, but not being able to conceive is through no fault of their own. However, someone choosing to rather destroy their body and health for the sake of eating - what does that make us?? At the end of the day who do we have.....NOTHING, except food. WHY? We are obese because we choose to be. To the morbidly obese parent - are you really happy and content that you are not able to run and play games with your child? Is it fair to use your child to fetch you food or water while you lay down? A baby is a blessing  a true angel from above. It must be the most wonderful feeling to hear your baby''s first cry. You have so much hopes and dreams for that tiny person and the least you can do is be a healthy parent so that you can see them grow up to be happy, successful, well-adjusted adults. I will never have a child because I chose food as a means of destroying my body because I grew up believing I was the ugliest person in the entire world. Being morbidly obese is pure hell but yet I can''t stop eating...AND iT''S ALL MY OWN FAULT!

Reply to G