Question

The tall and short of it

Hi Cybershrink

I met a man I really like - he is much shorter than I am (like Sol and Heather or Sophia and Carlo). I liked him the moment I met him (thought what a nice person). I am very tall 1.76m and am a voluptuous lady. He is also 57 and I am 45 years of age.My friends (I am beginning to wonder about these friends) as I came out of a bad relationship with an absolutely tall and gorgeous guy (case in point).The one said " I thought he was a garden gnome"  and I replied that did it really matter (her husband is huge and makes her unhappy). Other comment was can' t you do better.He is actually very well established and doing much better than most, and has had his own successful biz for 30 years.I am ready to settle down now and I sense this man is too.What do u think?

Lets see what other readers have to say, here. Do you need the man in your life to be able to reach things on the top shelf, or to be a nice and loving person ? OK, some cruel and silly people may look twice when you walk out as a couple, but need we bother about theopinions of idiots ? If he's a nice man, try going out with him for a time, and see how it works out - for both of you. HE has to face life with a very tall wife, too, after all !

3

Well, we are going out but have not yet confirmed a relationship. I will. The thing is, I have " known"  this man for a year or longer (we do biz with his company) so we have seen each other enough to " size each other up"  so to speak. I need a nice and loving person. My ex as I said is gorgeous and takes, but is economical in what he gives back emotionally. I imagine this is how Black and White people used to feel and some probably do still. Another good friend said to me that tall and short men experience the same emotions. I think I have my answer, I just wonder why people have to be so judgemental. So far this man treats me like a princess (and I treat him with the upmost respect) besides which my mom said rather be an older man' s darling than a young man' s slave.

Posted by: Kelly | 2009/10/28

Go for it!
I' m sure they just jealous that you all happy and inlove and all.

Reply to Kelly