Question
Posted by: David Brown | 2011-09-28

The saturated fat controversy

What scientific evidence links saturated fats to clogged arteries?

Dear David
There is a vast body of scientific literature available that details the results of studies which have shown that diets high in fat and saturated fat in particular, are associated with heart disease. Recently however, meta-analyses of the scientific literature are starting to question the link between saturated fats, total fats, cholesterol and arteriosclerosis. I await the outcomes of such studies and the recommendations which the international scientific bodies will publish once we have a clearer picture of what actually causes heart disease. I firmly believe that human beings developed as omnivores and should, therefore, eat a balanced diet that includes all types of food, proteins, carbs and fats, dietary fibre, vitamins, trac elements and minerals. Concentrating on one food group exclusively is usually associated with health problems

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2011-09-28

Dear David