Question
Posted by: Sue | 2011-10-05

The Same Personalities that sometimes Clash

We are in a relationship and there are more times where we enjoy each others company and times when we challenge everything and get upset with each other. We are confused whether Partners that get along like us have a good future or Partners where one is strong and one passive/submissive have a better future ?

So you find you have, say, different opinions about something. You can either enjoy discussing that, or if you each assume that YOU MUST be RIGHT, and the other MUST be wrong, then there is conflict and things can't work out
There are no general answers here. It depends on each personality involved, and how this translates into behaviors ( the same basic personality might not always behave in the same way ) ; and on how each of the couple are prepared to adjust to the other. sometimes a relationship in which each of the couple are too alike can become boring, and some degree of diference can be helpful, if you complement each other rather than insisting on clashing.

6
Posted by: Chris758 | 2011-10-06

Anne, that is all most men want. Women do not understand what we are going through not to be able to be the bread winner anymore...we do not get promotions or recognition at our jobs anymore and yes, it does make some of us feel useless!!!!

So will it be so bad if we are the alpha male at home? I agree, be a good husband and treat your wife right and as your partner, but just give us that little bit more that we need!!!

Reply to Chris758
Posted by: Anne | 2011-10-06

I know this is going to sound old fashioned, and I am going to be crucified by the women, but, the relatiohips that work is where the woman allows the man to be the man.

I am not saying that a woman should allow a man to walk all over her - heavens no - but, as in nature where there is only one Alpha Male, so it is in relationships. Women should submit to their husbands and let them be the heads of the family.

In the modern world we live in, where we all have " rights"  and where women have top notch jobs etc, it is very difficult to be submissive, but, it is a good relationship that works that you desire, that is what you need to do.

I am not suggesting you tolerate nonsense like a man staying out all night, gambling drinking other women whatever, but, if you two are committed, there can be only one pack leader.

Reply to Anne

Posted by: Alex | 2011-10-05

Not sure what the other 2 above are talking about as because the question is about the Same Personalities and they are talking about different personalities. The question is which works ???

Reply to Alex
Posted by: Sam | 2011-10-05

I''m also talking from previous experience and not just giving an opinion but a fact.This is a huge problem in a relationship ,it can branch into other issues &  we focus on different aspects thinking this is the problem but the main root is US.Sometimes different personalities need other personalities that not only they can manage but even improves their relationship levels.
Sit down talk to your partner but if there is a difference it is signs of moving on to more compatiable partners.

Reply to Sam
Posted by: EXPERIENCE | 2011-10-05

Been there done that &  not advisable - too much pain comes in.The sad part is we only realise our personality difference far into a relationship &  it starts to affect more avenues of the relationship.

Reply to EXPERIENCE