Question

The right way

Probably not the right place to post this question but hoping to hear what others say

Is a person suppose to tell their employer about an interview they might go to for another job opportunity? I almost feel guilty by not saying anything. What does one do?

You obviously CAN inform your employer, but I don't think you're under any obligation to do so, until you have ben offered the other job and accepted - and what does your contract / work agreement say about giving your employer notice of leaving ?

5

I haven''t signed any contract. Been here for 4 years in April. Notic is 30 days.

Posted by: Rick | 2010/03/16

If you do, it will be career suicide for you, your boss will know that you want to leave and when increases and bonuses come around, dont be suprised if you get zero.

Companies dont reward loyalty anymore, but they punish disloyalty.

Reply to Rick

Thank you Joe!

Posted by: Joe Interview | 2010/03/16

Hi Anon,

No, you don''t need to inform your employer. Only if you are successful with the new position, should you then hand in your notice.

Joe

Reply to Joe Interview