Question
Posted by: Red | 2009-09-16

The right way

Hi CS

Not sure if you remember but I' ve posted a few time scomplainging about my job.

I am going for an interview later this afternoon but something else has come up that has made me rethink all the things I' ve complained about. As much as I have been frustrated and unhappy I don' t take back the things I' ve said.

My main problem now is that my boss' s husband is going to be away for an operation which my boss is going to go with him. She' s going to be away so much from the office and I am the only one managing this ofice and taking all the phone calls and dealing with queries. The ladies at our other office can help of course but they deal so much with the corporate side of things they are so busy I just know they won' t come down in my place to help out. This is not to say I will get this particular job but I don' t want to pass up the opportunity that has come my way so quickly. I will feel guilty about suddenly leaving if I do get the job but is it really my fault. I don' t want to dessert my boss especially now. I have been uphappy for a long and talking to her has not helped either.

Another thing is I have not told my boss about the interview either. I' m just going to regardless. Of course I will speak to her when I have and perhaps once she knows my plans it might be awake up call. I' m dying to learn my job properly but it' s just not working properly being on my own the whole time.This new job will definitely keep me on my feet and it will be a new challenge. I don' t want to be stuck in a comfort zone which I seem to be doing lately.

It seems as though nothing ever gets done professionally here.

All I can say is that I pray for the best.

Consider the possibility of a promition at your original job seriously, but in comparison to other possible jobs you have been looking at. And get things clear --- is this a definite job and promotion, or just temporarily filling in at a higher level to convenience the bosses ? If you do get offered a better job, don't feel guilty --- you deserve it, and they don't seem to have shown you much consideration in your current situation. When you were unhappy, and she knew it, she doesn't seem to have bothered to try to help.
Good luck with the interview