Question

The Right side

What would be a useful CBT-like tool to stop the left brain chatter/doubt/obsessing. How (like that brilliant book by Jill Bolte Taylor - My stroke of Insight) do I tap into the right side and enjoy that peace that intuition and just " being in the moment"  seems to bring. Any tips/tools?

I;m not entirely convinced that some of the Left-Side/ Right-Side stuff isn't hype more than science, but you are of course describing a real set of concerns ( usually ocurring in rather intelligent people ! ). A good CBT therapist should be able ( which is one of the things I like about it ) to tailor a program specificaly for an individual and their particular needs. I haven't come across, thus far, a book that would help the specific set of issues you raise.

1